DuTrac Community Credit Union announces its 2013-2014 UAW Local 94 Academic Scholarship Program.
This program is available to:
- Any member of UAW Local 94,
- Graduating high school seniors who are members in good standing for at least one year at DuTrac Community Credit Union and whose parent(s) are in good standing with UAW Local 94.
The purpose of these scholarships is to recognize members of UAW Local 94 and DuTrac Community Credit Union who have demonstrated scholastic excellence and who are interested in advancing their education at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university. Two - $500 non-renewable scholarships will be awarded to qualified student(s). Applicants may qualify for only one award.
- Entrants must be a “member in good standing” with UAW Local 94 and have an account established and be a “member in good standing for at least one year” at DuTrac Community Credit Union; or if a graduating senior, must have an account established in their name and be a “member in good standing for at least one year” at DuTrac as well as have parent(s) who are member(s) in good standing with UAW Local 94.
- Entrants must be accepted and attending a school at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university; or be classified as a high-school senior and be accepted as an incoming freshman at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university.*
- Entrants must complete an application available at any DuTrac Community Credit Union office or online at www.dutrac.org and separately type an essay of at least 500 words on the following topic: Explain how adopting the motto “People Helping People” can improve the quality of life for you and those around you.
- The essay must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entrants must complete, sign and attach an official scholarship application along with most recent school transcript and college acceptance letter.
- Drop off completed application, essay, most recent transcript and college acceptance letter to any DuTrac Community Credit Union office or mail to DuTrac Community Credit Union, P.O. Box 3250, Dubuque, IA 52004-3250, Attn: Karen Tegeler, by Friday, May 3, 2013.
For complete details, download an application and entry requirements. For additional information or questions concerning this scholarship program, please contact Karen Tegeler at email@example.com or by calling (563) 585-8584.
Entries must be submitted by May 3, 2013.
*Children of DuTrac Community Credit Union employees are not eligible for this scholarship.
Dubuque Area Labor-Management Council 2013 Education-to-Employment Grant Program
The Council will award up to nine grants of $1000 each.
Eligible applicants for the Dubuque Area Labor-Management Council 2013 Education-to-Employment Grant program are:
- The immediate family members (children, foster children, underemployed/unemployed spouses) of individuals who are members of unions or who work for employers belonging to the Dubuque Area Labor-Management Council;
- Current members or employees of member organizations/corporate sponsors seeking to upgrade their skills
- The immediate family members or individuals employed at corporate sponsors of Summerfest Dubuque;
- Youth and adults eligible for assistance under the Workforce Investment Act.
- National Guard and Reserve personnel who have served, and their immediate family members.
Not eligible are:
- Individuals pursuing post-graduate programs or whose desired occupation requires a post-graduate degree.
- Individuals who have received this grant in the past.
Applicants must intend to become employed in either Dubuque; JoDaviess or Grant counties following the completion of their educational program, in the occupation identified in his/her application.
Before applying, please visit www.dalmc.com for complete guidelines, detailed requirements and application instructions.
Entries must be submitted by Wednesday, May 15, 2013.